Internships & Job Opportunities
- ExxonMobil- We are interested in hosting an internship related to the project: Induced Seismicity in the Permian Basin, Texas. For more information, please contact the Center for GMG's Managing Coordinator (email@example.com).
- NSF and DOE partner on geothermal internship opportunity- The PI/co-PI of an active NSF award may request supplemental funding for one or more graduate students to gain knowledge, skills and experiences that will augment their preparation for a successful long-term career through an internship in a non-academic setting, including the following:
- Fervo Energy (currently not a GMG Member)- Open position for a Geophysics intern to join our team in Summer or Fall 2023. The intern will have a unique opportunity to work with a growing climate tech team working on geoscience innovation to accelerate the clean energy transition. This work will be based on a first-of-kind dataset from a next generation geothermal project involving Surface/Borehole based seismic and fiber optic data.
Total Energies- We are offering some internship opportunities to students for summer 2023. (Flyer).
Aramco- Open position for a quantitative structural geology/geomechanics researcher. Experience in subsurface storage (H2/CO2) and subsurface integrity is highly preferred. The position is for early-mid career experience level, but good candidates will be considered outside of this experience levels. The scope of the job includes developing R&D technologies and also being active in professional organizations, publishing papers, filing patents and coordinating with Universities. (Apply here) Job ID:728212.
- Zanskar- Our newest GMG IAB member, is looking to onboard a Seismologist this summer! The Seismologist will participate in all aspects of seismic acquisition, processing, imaging and inversion, tomography, and archival. This could include work using and building upon tools from disparate disciplines such as earthquake, ambient noise, and exploration seismology. (Flyer).
- Risk Management Solutions (RMS) - We currently have a job opening for a Catastrophe Risk Modeler to join our
Earthquake team in the Model Development group of Risk Management
Solutions, Inc. (RMS) in our Newark, California, office. The focus of
this role is on the development of earthquake hazard and risk models
with emphasis on understanding, developing, and implementing state of
the art science and practices.